[mythtv] [ANNOUNCE] torrentocracy = rss + bit torrent + myth

Charles Lavin myth at charleylavin.com
Sun Jun 20 07:42:39 EDT 2004

This is sweet.  I'm a torrent junky.  I use it to download legally taped
concerts.  Now if we could only get shn support in mythmusic.

I personally use azureus for all my torrent downloads.  If you haven't
checked it out it is at http://azureus.sf.net.  It already includes a
nice swing web interface and can automatically start torrents in a
specific directory.  So here is what I did.

1.  Installed Torrentocracy
2.  Installed the Swing Web Interface plugin for Azureus
3.  Configured Azureus to automatically start torrents in the
/var/lib/torrentocracy/active directory
4.  Added a link to the Swing web interface in MythWeb

Now I'm able to start my torrents(torrentocracy), download my
torrents(azureus), and control my torrents(swing interface and mythweb)
all from inside the Myth.

Here's a screenshot of the swing web interface in mythbrowser
http://www.charleylavin.com/azureus.png

Here's a picture of the swing web interface in myth browser fullscreen
on my tv
http://www.charleylavin.com/tv.jpg

Azureus also has a RSS Reader plugin.  With this plugin you can read
feeds and start torrent downloads automatically by filter.  A similar
feature in torrentocracy would be great although redundant for those who
use azureus.

I also noticed that you frequent e-tree.  Do they have a news feed for
their torrents or archieve?

Thanks for the great addition to Myth!