[mythtv] via hardware decoding

Carey Stevens carey at zestgroup.com
Mon Jun 7 18:00:53 EDT 2004

Kenneth Aafløy wrote:
> On Monday 07 June 2004 09:45, Carey Stevens wrote:
>
>>Whoohooo got it to work :-)
>>
>>I changed the v4l from compiled in to a module, and removed the load
>>"v4l" line in my XF86config.
>

> Ah, belive that there is only three possible causes for a segv now then, your
> two above (sure that it wasn't only the compile by module that did the
> trick?) and not having a proper via xfree driver.

I definately had the correct via xfree driver all along, and it had been

I am not sure if it was getting the videodev as a module or the correct
ordering of modules loading. I guess turning videodev into a module ment
that it was probably loaded at a different time.

I don't know why the v4l line was in the XF86config, it was one I found
on the web, so I removed it. I never found any other instructions
mentioning the need to have it. I guess this also just comes back to
getting the module loading order right.

Thanks

Carey