[mythtv] via hardware decoding

Carey Stevens carey at zestgroup.com
Sat Jun 5 19:34:49 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I cannot get hardware decoding to work with >0.15. I have used the
gentoo builds and am now trying from cvs manually with the same result.

The frontend segfaults when I switch to watch TV or playback a recording.

I am using latest everything gentoo on an epia M10k with a
PVR250(2.4.25kernel), but I have noticed at least 2 others report the
same problem with different configurations

(can't seem to find the other again at the moment, the other mentioned
he had it working in 0.14 then about a month ago it stopped working in cvs)

Is this a known problem? Or does it work for others?

On a different note I tried using via_XvMC instead but that also crashes
mythfrontend. Should that work? (using xorg unichrome).

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Carey