[mythtv] recording profile combinations

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Fri Jul 23 12:28:31 EDT 2004

> Good point. Since these are just settings that can be set between some bounds
> (possibly with some fixed increments), what about making some definition file
> where both the frontend and the backend can read from.

Regardless, I think I'll hold off

> In theory 'the database' should be able to contain such information.

I agree.  In fact, the current layout could probably handle it.  Just
add a "type" (checkbox, range, etc), a cardtype, and a short description
to the codecparams table, and make sure that myth populates every
possible param, even if it's not used.  Although that's a lot of extra
data...

Would really help if I got gettext working in mythweb, too.  Need
someone to show me how to do that.  (does mythtv use gettext?)

-Chris