[mythtv] [BUG?] Advanced recording options

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Sat Jul 10 19:37:17 EDT 2004

Kevin Kuphal wrote:

> Just a couple questions on the new advanced recording options screen:
>
> 1.  If I select, [No Change] for example from the descriptions
> choices, is the previous menu supposed to say "No Change" or should it
> be listing what No Change actually means?

No it should not say [no change] ever except as a choice in the list.
I'll take a look at it.

> 2.  How do you save the options?  I thought "Record this as shown"
> would save but if I select that after a change and go back in I still
> see my options as before.  My last item on the list is [Cancel].  Now,
> I did copy the GANT ui.xml entries into my Visor ui.xml to support
> this screen so maybe I missed something...

Record as show should create the recording entry..

> 3.  The "No episode limit" option doesn't allow for SELECT to show me
> all choices like the other items do, neither does the auto-expire and
> some of the ones on the schedule menu

That's because it, like some others is not a list.  It's a numeric value
which can only be incremented and decremented.  The numerics are
intelligent enough to not say "Keep at most 0 episodes".

> 4.  Seems that options that have sub-menus have [] around them, but
> others don't like the recording profiles choices, but then when you
> enter them with SELECT and return they do have [] around them.  This
> seems consistent for all the menus that do not start with [] but allow
> SELECT to enter.

I'll take a look.