[mythtv] [IDEA] Enhanced status screen

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Wed Jul 7 07:49:19 EDT 2004

Kevin Kuphal wrote:

> Another idea:
>
> I'd like to make an enhanced System Status screen that would have a
> list on the left (like watch recordings) with categories like "System
> Status", "Tuner Status", "Logs", etc. and a large display area on the
> right that would display content appropriate to each section.  This
> would allow for much more information about the system to be shown,
> allow for a virtually unlimited list of categories for people to add
> stuff to, and make the screen a more useful informative screen.
> I've been itching to have a screen that shows what tuners are doing at
> that exact moment and I thought this would be a nice way to add that
> and make room for more.
>
> Kevin

Sounds good, like you I have always wanted to know what the tuners were
doing.
And things like: what is it flagging? what is it transcoding?
(so you can try to figure why the HD light is flickering while Myth
doesn't seem to do anything for example ;-)

For the tuners I now turn to MythWeb that shows a little more info about
that.

Cheers,
-Tako