[mythtv] Hack to retrieving digital channel listings

Donald R. Huettl drh at huettl.net
Sat Jan 24 03:40:19 EST 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-24 at 01:20, Brad Allen wrote:
> From: "Kirk Lapray" <kirk at backfence.net>
> Subject: [mythtv] Hack to retrieving digital channel listings
> Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:37:32 -0700
>
> > With all of this done you should now be able to have XMLTV retrieve
> > all the channels that are listed on your personalized zap2it
> > listings.
> >
> > In the future it would be nice if there was a simple option to pass
> > the user id into tv_grag_na and have it pull the channels without
> > the need for a customized cookie.
> >
> > I am hoping with this that MythTV can now have the channel listings
> > it needs to better work with the pcHDTV card.
>
> This is great.  I think there will be a problem since there are
> multiple listings for one area and zap2it doesn't allow you to create
> multiple tables, like TitanTV has ever since I started using it.
>
> What we really still needs is TitanTV, using their OSD protocol.

I've been working on a complete overhaul of tv_grab_na that addresses
some of these issues.  It will accept a username/password so there won't
be any need to mess with the cookies.  It will also be able to adjust
the provider and channel list for each run, so that one zap2it login
will be able to pull down any combination of listings.

So far I have it to the point that you can login and get/list/change
providers.  The channel get/list/modify functionality is next, and
should be fairly easy.  I'm not sure what to expect when I get into the
parsing logic for the listings.  I hope to be done within a week or so,
with a bit of luck...

Don