[mythtv] Hack to retrieving digital channel listings

Brad Allen Ulmo-Mythtv-Dev at Usenet.Q.Net
Sun Jan 25 21:16:40 EST 2004

> I've been working on a complete overhaul of tv_grab_na that addresses
> some of these issues.  It will accept a username/password so there won't
> be any need to mess with the cookies.  It will also be able to adjust
> the provider and channel list for each run, so that one zap2it login
> will be able to pull down any combination of listings.
>
> So far I have it to the point that you can login and get/list/change
> providers.  The channel get/list/modify functionality is next, and
> should be fairly easy.  I'm not sure what to expect when I get into the
> parsing logic for the listings.  I hope to be done within a week or so,
> with a bit of luck...

Don, thanks.  This is great news.  I look forward to this!  That would
only leave two things for others to do, for redundancy only, since
what you're doing should get almost everything we need:

* TitanTV protocol -> XMLTV/Myth
* PSIP scanning -> XMLTV/Myth

I'd love to run all three.  Right now, without Don's work, we have to
use that hack that started this thread, which works and is the best
known implementation available now, or tell mythfilldatabase to use
equivilent TV channels for DT channels's data.

What Zap2It currently lacks is multiprogram listings: it only has one
set of programs for each channel.  It doesn't even specify which
program it's listing for.  One of my local channels has two programs
in its stream.