[mythtv] cancel recording bug?

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Wed Jan 14 18:14:09 EST 2004

Dave Pabisz wrote:
> Hi,
>     I think I have encountered a bug in the 0.13 release.
> I manually schedule a recording and then cancel it a few minutes
> later and the backend keeps recording the originally scheduled
> program.  There is another thread that mentions a "stop recording
> patch" but I don't know if the patch got into 0.13.

Define "cancel" =). If you are watchings a record in progress
then hit ESC and choose "Delete this recording" or if you are
on the playbox screen and hit "D", there is a popup with a button
to "Yes, delete it". Clicking this will stop recording and
remove the file. If you press "I" from the playbox on a record
in progress there is a button for "Stop Recording". This will
discontinue recording but keep the file with the endtime marked
as the current time. There is a "Delete" on this popup that will
also stop recording and remove the file. The last button on this
popup is "Cancel" which cancels the popup without taking any
action. If you have a recurring record rule (timeslot, channel,
etc.) and go to the options page while the show is recording then
change it to "Do not record this program", The current showing
does (and should) continue to record.

I don't see anything in the GUI called "cancel" should stop a
recording in progress.

--  bjm