[mythtv] cancel recording bug?

Dave Pabisz David.Pabisz at Sun.COM
Thu Jan 15 08:47:22 EST 2004

Bruce Markey wrote:
> Dave Pabisz wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>     I think I have encountered a bug in the 0.13 release.
>> I manually schedule a recording and then cancel it a few minutes
>> later and the backend keeps recording the originally scheduled
>> program.  There is another thread that mentions a "stop recording
>> patch" but I don't know if the patch got into 0.13.
>

> Define "cancel" =). If you are watchings a record in progress

I meant going to the "delete recordings" screen and choosing to
stop and remove (or just stop) a recording in progress.  It is
removed from the list of recordings but the mythbackend keeps
churning along and I can't watch live TV until the recording is
over (based on the original length).  I'll try to get some more
data, try a couple different things.

-Dave

> then hit ESC and choose "Delete this recording" or if you are
> on the playbox screen and hit "D", there is a popup with a button
> to "Yes, delete it". Clicking this will stop recording and
> remove the file. If you press "I" from the playbox on a record
> in progress there is a button for "Stop Recording". This will
> discontinue recording but keep the file with the endtime marked
> as the current time. There is a "Delete" on this popup that will
> also stop recording and remove the file. The last button on this
> popup is "Cancel" which cancels the popup without taking any
> action. If you have a recurring record rule (timeslot, channel,
> etc.) and go to the options page while the show is recording then
> change it to "Do not record this program", The current showing
> does (and should) continue to record.
>
> I don't see anything in the GUI called "cancel" should stop a
> recording in progress.
>
> --  bjm

         /\
        \\ \
       \ \\ /        David Pabisz
      / \/ / /       ASIC Verification Engineer
     / /   \//\      VSP/HEES/VLSI
     \//\   / /      Sun Microsystems Inc.
      / / /\ /       Fax:     781.442.1575
       / \\ \        Email:   david.pabisz at sun.com