[mythtv] High mysql CPU usage in latest CVS

Brad Allen Ulmo-myth-dev at usenet.Q.Net
Wed Jan 14 07:42:30 EST 2004

I am definitely getting 100% CPU use with mythfrontend now on my
450MHz PIII, when I used to get closer to 1-25% (I really don't
remember how much it used to be, but I seem to remember around 2-10%
use when playing -- I'll have to check when this problem goes away).

I get about 1fps, and no sound.  Yes:  about one frame per second.

It keeps time, though -- and doesn't stutter --- it just skips lots of
frames (like around 97% of them), causing unwatchable video (one fps
is not good video)!  I have a '350 output device.

I used to get near perfect play and very low CPU as mentioned (but no
FF, Rewind, edit, etc.).

I have not been able to figure out what was wrong.  I upgraded to CVS
of both IVTV and Myth at the same time.

I don't have time now to further diagnose.
I will do tomorrow.