[mythtv] multiple tuners, multiple frequency tables

Chris Eldredge chriseldredge at comcast.net
Thu Jan 8 09:11:33 EST 2004

I have been looking at the myth source a little and I noticed a potential
problem that may come up in the future with the current channel frequency
lookup implementation.

I would like to have the same capture card be able to tune us-bcast (for
over-the-air UHF tuning) and us-cable (for analog cable tv tuning).  My
problem is that the setting is currently not specific to input, instead
it's a host wide setting which is applied globally and assumed to be right
for all cards / inputs.

Is that accurate?  I would like to be able to change which frequency table
is used based on which input is being used.  Therefore my suggestion would
be to remove the row 'FreqTable' from the Settings table, and add a column
to the VideoSource table which would replace it.  This way 2 tuners can
exist in the same configuration (or 1 tuner with 2 coax inputs) with
different frequency tables.

If there are no suggestions for a different solution I am planning to try
to implement the one mentioned above.

Chris.