[mythtv] [Experiemental Patch] DVB now-next

Ivor Hewitt ivor at ivor.org
Fri Feb 20 08:43:02 EST 2004

On Friday 20 February 2004 11:35, John Pullan wrote:
> I thought the data coming through should be crc checked, but I seem to
> get errors. I need to investigate more to see what's happening.

Yes, just noticed that myself. Perhaps validating the date/time ranges
during parse and throwing away the data on an error would be enough?  Just
piling in some extra debug couts at the moment to try and see where the
corruption is.
It seems like it might indeed be signal quality related, if I tune to a mux
that is high quality the data seems fine... but on a poorer signal strength
one the corruptions start to appear, so that would seem to tie in.

> > Also, I am told that the Crystal Palace transmitter is joining the
> > trial of the 7-day EPG in a week or so, which should allow more
> > significant testing :-)

Hmm, wonder if it'll come off the Reigate relay too?

--
Ivor Hewitt.
http://www.ivor.it - tech | http://www.ivor.org - hedge