[mythtv] [Experiemental Patch] DVB now-next

John Pullan jmp at tarantella.com
Fri Feb 20 06:35:17 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 22:00, Steve Davies wrote:
> John Pullan wrote:

> [snip]
>
> Excellent stuff - I'll be trying it as soon as my local tree is building
> properly again on my test box :-)

Found a bug in it last night (ho hum), The ='s operator in the EITTable
doesn't empty out the the vectors of Components, MultilingualComponents
after deleting them. (only showed up after running it for most of the
evening).

I'm also wondering if I need to do the parsing differently anyway.
Something like grab a copy of the data and then construct  the Strings,
Times and Dates on demand. It might make it a bit faster, and also it
might help me get to the bottom of why it's going screwy while
recording.

I thought the data coming through should be crc checked, but I seem to
get errors. I need to investigate more to see what's happening.

> Also, I am told that the Crystal Palace transmitter is joining the trial of
> the 7-day EPG in a week or so, which should allow more significant testing :-)

Lucky you :-) The table descriptor to look for will be the Extended
Event Descriptor, which should provide more goodies like cast lists etc.

--
John Pullan <jmp at tarantella.com>