[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-users] Unable to change channel

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Wed Dec 29 16:55:20 UTC 2004

Kyle Rose wrote:
> On a tangentially-related topic, can someone review for me what I need
> to do with respect to ATSC minor channel numbers and freqid?

This changed recently, for the better.  Previously, you had to manually
enter the real channel and program number into freqid, but now we get
the real channel and subchannel from zap2it.

Your big issue here is that WGBHDT3 and WGBHDT4 don't really exist.
Unsubscribe from them at zap2it, and remove them.  WHDHDT2 is another
phantom.  The others look all right to me (I'm in the Boston area), but
you have duplicate channel numbers which you should fix.  Or, if you
clear your HDTV channels from your channel table entirely and fix your
zap2it subscription, mythfilldatabase should recreate them properly (in
the new form, with _ in the channum).

-Doug