[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-users] Unable to change channel

Kyle Rose krose+mythtv at krose.org
Wed Dec 29 16:32:35 UTC 2004

Apparently, this problem:

> I have had a problem in the very recent past (last week or two) in
> which my freqid column in the channel table for the local DirecTV
> channels (yeah, weird) has been getting set to NULL, so my channel
> changing script has no argument passed to it.

is to be solved by this checkin:

revision 1.140
date: 2004-12-27 04:33:08 +0000;  author: bjm;  state: Exp;  lines: +16 -24
Fix a logic bug that would cause NTSC channels to have a NULL freqid if
fccchannelnumber exists. This is set for NTSC if the cable provider
uses a different channel number than the broadcast channel (common for
local independent stations) and possibly other OTA stations. Instead,
assume ATSC freqid only when "minor" exists.

On a tangentially-related topic, can someone review for me what I need
to do with respect to ATSC minor channel numbers and freqid?
Currently, I have the following freqid's for my ATSC channels:

mysql> select channum,freqid,callsign from channel where tvformat='ATSC';
+---------+--------+----------+
| channum | freqid | callsign |
+---------+--------+----------+
| 2       | 19-1   | WGBHDT   |
| 102     | 19-2   | WGBHDT2  |
| 202     | 19-2   | WGBHDT3  |
| 302     | 19-2   | WGBHDT4  |
| 4       | 30-1   | WBZDT    |
| 5       | 20-1   | WCVBDT   |
| 105     | 20-2   | WCVBDT2  |
| 7       | 42-1   | WHDHDT   |
| 107     | 42-2   | WHDHDT2  |
| 25      | 31-1   | WFXTDT   |
| 38      | 39-1   | WSBKDT   |
| 44      | 43-1   | WGBXDT   |
| 144     | 43-2   | WGBXDT2  |
| 244     | 43-3   | WGBXDT3  |
| 344     | 43-4   | WGBXDT4  |
| 56      | 41-1   | WLVIDT   |
| 27      | 29-1   | WUNIDT   |
| 68      | 32-3   | WBPXDT3  |
| 68      | 32-4   | WBPXDT4  |
| 68      | 32-5   | WBPXDT5  |
| 64      | 54-1   | WNACDT   |
| 64      | 54-2   | WNACDT2  |
| 66      | 23-2   | WUTFDT2  |
+---------+--------+----------+

Obviously some of these freqid's are wrong (e.g., WGBHDT2/3/4 can't
all have the same freqid, and there aren't even 4 programs being
reported by dtvstream in the first place), but what *should* they be?
Here's an example of the programs available on WGBHDT:

Stream contains 3 valid program(s).
    Program 2: 2-1 WGBH-SD:
        Video (MPEG-2), language = eng
        Audio (Dolby AC-3), language = eng