[mythtv] dvbrecorder.cpp (Was Software AC3 decoding when watching TV)

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 16 16:24:17 UTC 2004

> I think the problem with recording AC3 is that in
> CorrectStreamNumber() we mandle stream_id's of all audio pids to 0xC0.
> This is wrong for AC3 audio and propably breaks it.

Juha:

If am pretty sure I already gave you access to my cvs, so feel free to have at
dvbrecorder.cpp and send me a patch to do this.. No one has done much with with
it other than change the PID/PMT delivery systems so represent the new object
models I am using..  The thing that really needs to happen is take Daniels
hdtvrecorder.cpp class and dvbrecorder.cpp and merge the common functions into
a base class and use inheritance since I think 85% of the code necessary for
this may already be in place..

Marcus:

I also am quite ignorant of the linux-dvb recorder functionality, and if there
is a much faster / better way to record data and take advantage of full
featured cards features I would love to know what it is..

Marcus if you want to get access to my cvs and help with fixing the recorder
this is something that would be greatly appreciated and something you should be
very familiar with..

> > The biggest issue right now is really time.. I want to get this code into
> > myth-cvs as soon as I can and doing TS recording may not fit at first.. I
> have
> > more than enough on my plate.. Its possible Jesper could do this, but I do
> not
> > set his schedule.. I know both John and I have tons of work to do before
> this
> > whole thing is ready..
> I can help.

Well have at it.. If either of you can help with this its possible that the
recorder changes can be taken care of before the rest of the patch is ready to
go, and it can all go into myth at the same time, which would be even better..
I made a good deal of progress on my cleanup of table handing and might even
get EIT automaticlly inserting for ATSC and DVB in a day or so..

Taylor