[mythtv] video judder

Mark Spieth mark at dclabs.com.au
Wed Dec 15 12:58:30 UTC 2004

I think I know where this video judder is coming from when timestretch is being used.
previously the video timecodes used by AVSync were in realtime. the audio timecodes were generated to match the video timecode.
now however since the new video ffrew system, the video timecodes seem to be matched to the stream. the audio timecodes are thus out and are no longer in sync.
I will fix the audio timecode generation to match the video behaviour but not tonight.
Im using audio sync so this shows up naturally.
Am I correct in the above behaviour of the video timecodes at >1.0 play speeds?

also Im not sure if Im seeing things but mpeg2 decoding seems to be slightly broken. mpeg4 is ok.
at the right side of the screen Im seeing artifacts like repeating sets of pixels in 4 groups.
also the top of the screen shows 1.5 lines from the bottom of the image. comments?
mpeg4 is ok so I dont think its anything in my X setup. unless its a width thing as the mpeg2 is dvb wide (720)

cheers
mark

Mark Spieth, PhD
DC Labs Pty Ltd