[mythtv] Re: ALSA "fixes" actually break stuff in CVS?

Terry Barnaby terry1 at beam.ltd.uk
Wed Dec 15 07:20:18 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have narrowed down the problem to the changes from MythTv
CVS 2004-11-29 to 2004-11-30.

I have further narrowed this down to the file:

libs/libmyth/audiooutputoss.cpp, Line: 112

"soundcard_buffer_size = info.bytes;"

This line was added in 2004-11-30. On my system this sets
soundcard_buffer_size from 0 to 65536.

If I remove this line the "juddering" goes away ....

Note that my system is currenly using the OSS driver, although
I had the same problem with the ALSA driver.

Terry