[mythtv] vimrc setup script

Mark Spieth mark at dclabs.com.au
Fri Dec 10 23:27:26 UTC 2004

here is a quick script which will set up all the .vimrc's  to do 4 space
indents, tabs to spaces autoindenting
run it from your myth base directory and it will create the base .vimrc and
add links from all subdirs to this file.
importantly it adds "set exrc" to your home .vimrc so that myth has a
private setting so as not to
interfere with settings for any other projects you may have.
add things to this .vimrc file as required. e.g. cindentoptions may need
tweaking.
cheers
mark

> I get the impression that Vi and Emacs can help enforce some of this
> stuff like margins and tabs and the like?  Can anyone help with a boiler
> plate config?
>
> We could add a patch and submission process section as well?
>
> I will try to edit it a bit later.  Great start though.  Thanks
>
> Ed W

---