[mythtv] Thoughts on new commercial detection option

Mark Friedgan hubrix at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 21:48:47 UTC 2004

How about looking at how stations usually put commercials in, the
presumtion is that they have an algorithm as to when to plop a
commercial in, how many to run and how long the break should be, these
are probably factors of what time it is, what channel it is and what
the show is. I definitely agree you need user-assisted learning in
this case, and I like the distributed idea. but I think that may be
way too far reaching...