[mythtv] improvement to MythMusic RIP location

Ian Campbell ijc at hellion.org.uk
Fri Dec 10 18:29:20 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-10 at 13:12 -0500, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> On Friday 10 December 2004 12:44, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > On Fri, 2004-12-10 at 10:56 -0600, Mark Friedgan wrote:
> > > How many artists/albums do you have? I've got about 100 gigs and
> > > plan on having about 300. It's hard! Anyone else agree?
> >
> > I've got at least 500 CDs that I intend to rip (not sure what that'll
> > be in gigs)... I've got around 200 albums already as ogg and the
> > current interface isn't bad but it is getting a little unwieldy.
>
> Personally, I feel that if you're going to be doing that much ripping,
> you're probably better off doing it on your desktop with a program
> better-suited to handling it (I use gRip).

Now that I actually think about it, I completely agree with you.

I think I was really set on using the myth interface because that box
has a much faster processor than my old K3-400 desktop system ;-) Of
course, there's no reason why I can't run sound-juicer remote from the
myth box...

Ian.
--
Ian Campbell

Keep your eyes wide open before marriage, half shut afterwards.
		-- Benjamin Franklin