[mythtv] New AspectRatio option

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Wed Dec 1 17:58:43 UTC 2004

>The problem with DisplaySize in x config file is that it doesn't do the
>right thing for 720x576 resolutions.
>As i explaind in another mail to the list, parts of recordings gets cutoff
>to the right side of the recording, but if press W key to switch to 16:9 and
>then change tv to display it as 4:3 i get all of the picture.
>But this forces me to keep switching aspect ratios manualy on both mythtv
>and the tv for every show.

Is this just for the xbox?  I have been using 720x576 for quite a long
time now since that's the only mode that my nvidia card seems to be
happy with on tv output...

I have a wide screen TV set to 16:9 mode and I have set my display size
correctly.

Everything looks fine here with latest cvs and has done for quite a long
while now.

Does this help?

Ed W