[mythtv] mythtv PPC again...

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Mon Aug 30 19:10:50 EDT 2004

> I have just retried running myth on gentoo PPC and it builds just fine,
> with or without -DWORDS_BIGENDIAN in DEFINE.
>
> It does, however, break on playback of files with:
>
> Corrupt file. Bad extended frame.
> Killed.

	That is probably because of endianness issues.
There are some patches floating around from over a
year ago for swapping the endianness of some of the
data structures. That code is not yet in CVS.

	There are a few parts of those patches which I
think are a bit clumsy, but haven't had time to improve
them yet (i.e. I am busy using them to write other parts)

	I am still thinking about the best way to do this
byte swapping. My current thought is to have a define,
SWAP_ENDIAN, which could be defined in settings.pro if
the frontend is the opposite endianness to the backend.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au | "Reality is that which,
Telstra BI&D, Sydney, Australia       |  when you stop believing