[mythtv] mythtv PPC again...

Martin Moeller martin at martinm-76.dk
Mon Aug 30 17:34:36 EDT 2004

Hi folks.

I have just retried running myth on gentoo PPC and it builds just fine,
with or without -DWORDS_BIGENDIAN in DEFINE.

It does, however, break on playback of files with:

Corrupt file. Bad extended frame.
Killed.

I'm wondering if I need some of the things that would be set with
CONFIG_DARWIN etc., or what else it could be that is giving me a hard
time getting playback to work.

I built without the backend as I have no need for it on the iBook.
I've tried using -O2 and -O3, both with -fomit-frame-pointer.

I guess my question is : How much CONFIG_DARWIN is really Darwin
specific in stead of PPC specific? Shouldn't be have a PPC/BigEndian
define for the common stuff?

Meanwhile, I can see if avidemux2 is buildable on Gentoo/PPC. That would
give me some option at least... :-)

Oh, BTW: This is with CVS as of yesterday (it takes a while to build...)
--
Martin Moeller <martin at martinm-76.dk>