[mythtv] [patch] couple of fixes for vsync

Steven mythmail at richardstraat.homedns.org
Fri Aug 20 04:59:47 EDT 2004

Doug Larrick wrote:
> Here are a couple of accumulated fixes for the new vsync code and bob
> deinterlacing.  One fix is just a message for people who are trying to
> use bob on displays with too slow a refresh rate (i.e. TV out).

Just to make sure if I understand this correctly.
With TV out you mean interlaced tv-out?
The tv-out on a pundit (and also nvidia cards i think) for example uses
hardware deinterlacing so the video has to be de-intelaced before it
reaches the videocard to have it displayed properly on a tv. So it would
benefit from bob deinterlacing to go from 25 fps to 50 fps (PAL)? Or not?

(confused)

Steven