[mythtv] experimental xvmc effeciency patch

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Mon Aug 16 13:26:37 EDT 2004

]On Wed, 4 Aug 2004, Thomas M. Pluth wrote:
]]Your xvmc-efficiency patches don't line up with current CVS.  Is this still
]]needed/desirable?

I just looked at why this wasn't applying. Basically I had stealthily
been adding bob-deinterlacing to xvmc, but while I was preparing for
SIGGRAPH Doug went ahead and added it. So a lot of the conflicts were
just two versions of the same thing. The patch does three other things
which I'll be submitting seperately soon:

 1/ It uses flush, and not just sync to let the video card process
    more things in the background.
 2/ It fixes some locking issues, that should avoid getting stuck with
    unusable XvMC surfaces in many cases.
 3/ It rewrites some of the ffmpeg stuff to be clearer and more
    efficient, and easier to adapt to MPEG4 acceleration.

-- Daniel