[mythtv] experimental xvmc effeciency patch

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Thu Aug 5 13:16:51 EDT 2004

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004, Thomas M. Pluth wrote:
]Your xvmc-efficiency patches don't line up with current CVS.  Is this still
]needed/desirable?

Yep, there are some good things in that patch, but some bad. It mostly
just runs faster, but it also fixes some bugs. Unfortunately, it has
regressed since I last worked on it, and no longer helps fix the OSD
problem for me. But I think this may have something to do with the new
vsync. When I have time I'm going to break it up and see where things go
wrong. I might actually try to submit most of it to the ffmpeg folks.

For now, I recommend just not using that patch. I'll make some new
patches after SIGGRAPH that should be safe to apply.

-- Daniel