[mythtv] mythui

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Mon Aug 2 23:31:58 EDT 2004

On Monday 02 August 2004 08:23 am, Doug Larrick wrote:
> Isaac Richards wrote:
> > Could people check out the 'mythui' module from CVS and test on their
> > machines?  I'm curious to know where it does/does not work at this point.
>
> Runs great here -- P4 3.0 GHz, nVidia MX-440.
>
> If I fullscreen it (1600x1200 approx.) and other windows are on top, the
> animations run slowly with high CPU consumption.  Smaller window sizes
> don't have this problem.

Not sure if there's anything I can do about this -- probably driver related.

> Scaling the window appears to scale the text post-rendering, not pre
> (i.e. scales the bitmap).

That's a factor of how I'm doing the scaling -- I'm just making opengl scale
the viewport, since it was a one line change.  I'm planning on doing the
'normal' mythtv-style scaling of resizing everything up eventually.

> You're definitely leaking memory -- ran through it a few times (like 5)
> and mythuitest was using >200MB virtual, vs. ~76M when it started.  Yes,
> I realize it's just a demo :-)

That should all be fixed now.  Was a combination of bad image cache management
and a logic bug in the 'fade in new screen' stuff.

Isaac