[mythtv] mythui

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Mon Aug 2 08:23:00 EDT 2004

Isaac Richards wrote:
> Could people check out the 'mythui' module from CVS and test on their
> machines?  I'm curious to know where it does/does not work at this point.

Runs great here -- P4 3.0 GHz, nVidia MX-440.

If I fullscreen it (1600x1200 approx.) and other windows are on top, the
animations run slowly with high CPU consumption.  Smaller window sizes
don't have this problem.

Scaling the window appears to scale the text post-rendering, not pre
(i.e. scales the bitmap).

You're definitely leaking memory -- ran through it a few times (like 5)
and mythuitest was using >200MB virtual, vs. ~76M when it started.  Yes,
I realize it's just a demo :-)

-Doug