[mythtv] [bug] mythweb update pre/post rolls?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Apr 7 21:18:26 EDT 2004

> The first show would stop recording at :59:00. The console
> would report "backend still changing state, waiting.." and
> for the next 17 seconds, the slave backend would send about
> 3600 INSERT statements to the database. One per keyframe. After
> all have been sent over the net, the console reports, "changing
> state finished, starting now" and about two seconds later,
> presto, new recording starts 19 seconds late. This delay is
> not caused by the scheduler run which we know runs in a few
> hundredths of a second or anything about time fields in the
> 'record' table.
>
> --  bjm

I should be able to fix this so that it only writes out only the new
entries in NuppelVideoRecorder::WriteSeekTable() like it does in
NuppelVideoRecorder::UpdateSeekTable().  I didn't notice this
slowdown when I wrote the code to save the positionmap to the DB.
Now that my DB is on a slower machine and remote from the master
backend I notice the slowdown more.

Added to my TODO list.

--

Chris