[mythtv] frontend hangs when fast-forwarding across a commercial boundary

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Tue Sep 23 14:14:21 EDT 2003

Derek Atkins wrote:
> I was watching a recording using current CVS.

How current? If your last checkout was before Sunday, this may
have been fixed. If this just started today then it may be a
newly introduced bug.

> ...I've got commerical autoskip turned on.

Does this only happen when commercial autoskip is turned on or
does it also happen when this is turned off?

> I was fast forwarding through, trying to find the
> actual beginning and end of the show (to try to adjust my record
> times), when it hung.  It's hung a few times like this..  The only way
> to recover is apparantly to restart the frontend (the backend is
> fine).  When it's hung, all I see is a black screen.

The backtrace show it was in DoRewind(). Is it possible that
you might have been rewinding at the time of this backtrace?

I haven't been able to reproduce this with commercial autoskip
on or off, sticky keys on or off, forward or rewind. Does this
happen on every recording you have or just on certain files?

Did you use test_ioctl to change any audio params? Is the last
message on the console "Audio has changed:"? Could you please
run "mythfrontend -v playback" to see if there are any other
warning messages before it hangs?

Thanks,

--  bjm