[mythtv] Stop recording patch and some small fixes

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Thu Sep 18 20:22:05 EDT 2003

Isaac Richards wrote:

>On Wednesday 17 September 2003 09:05 pm, Tako Schotanus wrote:
>

>>3) More or less as a side-effect of the changes to the end time of a
>>recording I also made a change to the start time of a recording. Now
>>when a recording is started it will register the actual starting time of
>>the recording, not the starting time of the program it is supposed to be
>>recording.
>>

>A very undesireable side effect of this is it's going to to mark any
>pre-record starting times as the actual starting time, which I don't think
>many people would want to see on the recording information screens.

Follow up:

one possible solution for this would be to store the filename of the
.nuv file in the database.
Determining the filename by appending channel number and begin and end
time does enforce all kinds of restrictions which make it difficult to
do these kinds of things.
So if we would add a seperate field that hold the actual filename we
could easily use the filename to hold the actual time while not having
to change the times stored in the database. The default name would of
course still be the same it is now (but using the start time patch).
This could also be used to let people rename the .nuv files anyhing the
want. (The name of the program for example)

If you think such a solution would work I wouldn't mind implementing it
(I'm starting to get the hang of that particular part of the code ;-).

Cheers,
 -Tako