[mythtv] FileSystem to use for Myth (was Re:Channel change sp eed)

David Muench dave at wasteland.org
Mon Sep 15 08:55:31 EDT 2003

Knock on wood, but I haven't had any XFS corruption issues. I've been
running it since 1.0.1 I think. Here's two of my biggest and most
heavily used filesystems (both XFS of course):

/dev/evms/vol01      136298492 113709516  22588976  84% /vol01
/dev/evms/vol02      1966269436 1519769176 446500260  78% /vol02

Both have survived numerous hard power offs (the northeast blackout for
one) and always comes back up without skipping a beat.

Everyone seems to know "someone" who has had XFS corruption it seems. I
won't dispute that, but I will just say that my experience has been just
the opposite.

Oh, and that machine is running 2.4.21-xfs currently.

Hope that helps.

Dave