[mythtv] 'recommendations' section

Michael J. Pedersen michael.j.pedersen at verizon.net
Sun Sep 14 13:32:40 EDT 2003

On Sun, Sep 14, 2003 at 08:54:58AM -0500, Kirby Vandivort wrote:
> Right now, the code is purely based on what one person is interested in.
> For me, it is doing 'ok' right now.  It's giving a bit too much emphasis
> to some words, so I have to go back in and rein that back a bit.  I had
> a version during testing that seemed to be giving better answers, so
> I'm going to go back and find that version and tweak the current numbers.

Here's a thought to ponder from the email world. Consider that any TV
show, from a user's perspective falls into one of two categories: "Want
to watch" and "Don't want to watch". Now, this idea may very well suck,
but take a cue from email: Good email and spam. A very hot topic there
is Bayesian filters, and they seem to work reasonably well. Maybe
there's a way to do something similar for tv shows?

It may work, it may not, it may be the worst idea you've ever heard, but
I thought I'd pass it along.

--
Michael J. Pedersen
My Jabber ID: pedersen at jabber.org.uk
My GnuPG KeyID: 6CB0A96C       My Public Key Available At: www.keyserver.net
My GnuPG Key Fingerprint: E8F0 920F EB2F 7FDE DF4E  23CC 2CEB 8E6F 6CB0 A96C