[mythtv] design question, core developer input requested...

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Mon Sep 8 00:34:05 EDT 2003

On Sunday 07 September 2003 10:20 pm, Trey Ethridge wrote:
> Are there docs for developers?  Does anybody have any thoughts on how they
> would want the please wait dialog implemented?  I have C++ experience, but
> mostly on Windows, so I'm open to suggestions.  Most of my time this past
> year has been writing C#.  :)

General rule of thumb is to try to make new code look (formatting, general
style, etc) look like any existing code.

For the feature you want to add, a 3rd icon type, in addition to the
highlighted and inactive, would, I think, be the best way to accomplish what
you want.  Not too terribly much work, either.  So you'd select an item, it'd
indicate visually that it was doing something by changing color or whatnot,
etc.  No real need for a dialog that pops up.

Isaac