[mythtv] design question, core developer input requested...

Trey Ethridge tale at juno.com
Mon Sep 8 03:20:55 EDT 2003

Hello all,

I want to help out with the coding where I can.  The most annoying part with mythtv so far for me is that I have no feedback when I select something from the menu in mythfrontend.

I'm thinking about adding code to display some sort of "Please Wait" dialog.  I've looked through the source some.  However, I was wondering if there are some docs on how the core developers like to see things coded.  Something like a best practices for design?

What I'm getting at, is that I don't want to spend a lot of time writing some code to get something working and then when I try to submit it, the code gets refused because it doesn't fit the design, even though it works.

Are there docs for developers?  Does anybody have any thoughts on how they would want the please wait dialog implemented?  I have C++ experience, but mostly on Windows, so I'm open to suggestions.  Most of my time this past year has been writing C#.  :)

Thanks in advance,
-- tale