[mythtv] Debian unstable broken on CVS

Michael Greb mikegrb at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 6 19:10:28 EDT 2003

Steele Price said:
> Am I being retarded or is there some reason CVS won't compile on debian
> unstable anymore.
> after I did an apt-get upgrade things broke, it seems libqt3-mt-dev
> qt3-apps-dev and libqt3-dev can't all coexist anymore but are all required
> to compile CVS
>
> dax:/usr/src/mythtv# apt-get install libqt3-dev
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> The following packages will be REMOVED:
>   libqt3-mt-dev qt3-apps-dev
>
> if I have only mt, then it borks at
> cd libavcodec && make -f Makefile
> make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/mythtv/libs/libavcodec'
> make[2]: *** No rule to make target `../../../../share/qt3/lib/libqt.prl',
> needed by `Makefile'.  Stop.
>
> and with only libqt3-dev I get a few thousand:
> : undefined reference to `QStringData::deleteSelf()'
> ../../libs/libmythtv/libmythtv.a(infodialog.o)(.text+0x3fee): In function
> `InfoDialog::advamake[2]: *** [mythepg] Interrupt
> make[1]: *** [sub-mythepg] Interrupt
> make: *** [sub-programs] Interrupt
>
> what gives and how should I proceed, was trying to start patching up DVB
> for
> the US, but if I can't compile this obviously won't happen... :)

I had the exact same problem.  My solution, though not the best was to
download qt from trolltech and compile the library myself in /usr/local
and set my QTDIR pointing to there.  Probably not the best solution.  I
just figured it was due to my lack of knowledge regarding debian.  Now
that I see that wasn't necessarily the case I guess a bug report is in
order?  It seemed that when I did apt-get install libqt3-mt-dev it
installed the qt runtime libraries with it.  I could compile and what not
but not link.

Michael