[mythtv] MythTranscode backtrace

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Nov 20 19:23:33 EST 2003

How recent is your mythtranscode?
The segfault happens inside the encoder, which likely means that some
variable wasn't initialized.  I fixed just such a problem last week.
There is nothing obviously wrong in the myth portions of that backtrace
(I'm not about to dive down into the libavcodec stuff right now).

Also, does it happen when not using the '-l' switch?  This shouldn't make
any difference as far as encoding goes, but if it does, it probably has
something to do with the frame-numbers getting hosed.

Is there any chance of you being able to deliver the mpg to me?  It would
make it a lot easier to debug.  If not, the answers to these questions
would be useful, as well as your encoding settings for the Transcoding
profiles:
select * from codecparams;
select * from recordingprofiles;

Thanks,