[mythtv] MythTranscode backtrace

Oscar Carlsson oscar.carlsson at home.se
Fri Nov 21 01:55:09 EST 2003

Hello Geoffrey,

GH> How recent is your mythtranscode?

I checked out a fresh copy of myth before running this bt.

GH> The segfault happens inside the encoder, which likely means that some
GH> variable wasn't initialized.  I fixed just such a problem last week.
GH> There is nothing obviously wrong in the myth portions of that backtrace
GH> (I'm not about to dive down into the libavcodec stuff right now).

GH> Also, does it happen when not using the '-l' switch?  This shouldn't make
GH> any difference as far as encoding goes, but if it does, it probably has
GH> something to do with the frame-numbers getting hosed.

I'll try without -l right away and tell you what happens.

GH> Is there any chance of you being able to deliver the mpg to me?  It would
GH> make it a lot easier to debug.

Sure, it's about 2.5 gb and I'm on 512kbit DSL, will take a while, but that's ok
for me.

GH> If not, the answers to these questions
GH> would be useful, as well as your encoding settings for the Transcoding
GH> profiles:
GH> select * from codecparams;
GH> select * from recordingprofiles;

Comming right up:

mysql> select * from codecparams;
+---------+--------------------------+---------------+
| profile | name                     | value         |
+---------+--------------------------+---------------+
|       5 | autotranscode            | 0             |
|       5 | width                    | 720           |
|       5 | height                   | 576           |
|       5 | rtjpegquality            | 170           |
|       5 | rtjpeglumafilter         | 0             |
|       5 | rtjpegchromafilter       | 0             |
|       5 | mpeg4bitrate             | 2200          |
|       5 | mpeg4maxquality          | 2             |
|       5 | mpeg4minquality          | 15            |
|       5 | mpeg4qualdiff            | 3             |
|       5 | mpeg4scalebitrate        | 1             |
|       5 | mpeg4optionvhq           | 0             |
|       5 | mpeg4option4mv           | 0             |
|       5 | hardwaremjpegquality     | 100           |
|       5 | hardwaremjpeghdecimation | 4             |
|       5 | hardwaremjpegvdecimation | 4             |
|       5 | samplerate               | 48000         |
|       5 | mp3quality               | 7             |
|       6 | autotranscode            | 0             |
|       6 | width                    | 720           |
|       6 | height                   | 576           |
|       6 | rtjpegquality            | 170           |
|       6 | rtjpeglumafilter         | 0             |
|       6 | rtjpegchromafilter       | 0             |
|       6 | mpeg4bitrate             | 2200          |
|       6 | mpeg4maxquality          | 2             |
|       6 | mpeg4minquality          | 15            |
|       6 | mpeg4qualdiff            | 3             |
|       6 | mpeg4scalebitrate        | 1             |
|       6 | mpeg4optionvhq           | 0             |
|       6 | mpeg4option4mv           | 0             |
|       6 | hardwaremjpegquality     | 100           |
|       6 | hardwaremjpeghdecimation | 4             |
|       6 | hardwaremjpegvdecimation | 4             |
|       6 | samplerate               | 48000         |
|       6 | mp3quality               | 7             |
|       7 | autotranscode            | 0             |
|       7 | width                    | 768           |
|       7 | height                   | 576           |
|       7 | rtjpegquality            | 170           |
|       7 | rtjpeglumafilter         | 0             |
|       7 | rtjpegchromafilter       | 0             |
|       7 | mpeg4bitrate             | 2200          |
|       7 | mpeg4maxquality          | 2             |
|       7 | mpeg4minquality          | 15            |
|       7 | mpeg4qualdiff            | 3             |
|       7 | mpeg4scalebitrate        | 1             |
|       7 | mpeg4optionvhq           | 0             |
|       7 | mpeg4option4mv           | 0             |
|       7 | hardwaremjpegquality     | 100           |
|       7 | hardwaremjpeghdecimation | 4             |
|       7 | hardwaremjpegvdecimation | 4             |
|       7 | samplerate               | 48000         |
|       7 | mp3quality               | 7             |
|       1 | autotranscode            | 0             |
|       1 | width                    | 720           |
|       1 | height                   | 576           |
|       1 | rtjpegquality            | 170           |
|       1 | rtjpeglumafilter         | 0             |
|       1 | rtjpegchromafilter       | 0             |
|       1 | mpeg4bitrate             | 2200          |
|       1 | mpeg4maxquality          | 2             |
|       1 | mpeg4minquality          | 15            |
|       1 | mpeg4qualdiff            | 3             |
|       1 | mpeg4scalebitrate        | 1             |
|       1 | mpeg4optionvhq           | 0             |
|       1 | mpeg4option4mv           | 0             |
|       1 | hardwaremjpegquality     | 100           |
|       1 | hardwaremjpeghdecimation | 4             |
|       1 | hardwaremjpegvdecimation | 4             |
|       1 | samplerate               | 48000         |
|       1 | mp3quality               | 7             |
|       2 | autotranscode            | 0             |
|       2 | width                    | 720           |
|       2 | height                   | 576           |
|       2 | rtjpegquality            | 170           |
|       2 | rtjpeglumafilter         | 0             |
|       2 | rtjpegchromafilter       | 0             |
|       2 | mpeg4bitrate             | 2200          |
|       2 | mpeg4maxquality          | 2             |
|       2 | mpeg4minquality          | 15            |
|       2 | mpeg4qualdiff            | 3             |
|       2 | mpeg4scalebitrate        | 1             |
|       2 | mpeg4optionvhq           | 0             |
|       2 | mpeg4option4mv           | 0             |
|       2 | hardwaremjpegquality     | 100           |
|       2 | hardwaremjpeghdecimation | 4             |
|       2 | hardwaremjpegvdecimation | 4             |
|       2 | samplerate               | 48000         |
|       2 | mp3quality               | 7             |
|       9 | autotranscode            | 0             |
|       9 | width                    | 720           |
|       9 | height                   | 576           |
|       9 | rtjpegquality            | 170           |
|       9 | rtjpeglumafilter         | 0             |
|       9 | rtjpegchromafilter       | 0             |
|       9 | mpeg4bitrate             | 2200          |
|       9 | mpeg4maxquality          | 2             |
|       9 | mpeg4minquality          | 15            |
|       9 | mpeg4qualdiff            | 3             |
|       9 | mpeg4scalebitrate        | 1             |
|       9 | mpeg4optionvhq           | 1             |
|       9 | mpeg4option4mv           | 1             |
|       9 | hardwaremjpegquality     | 100           |
|       9 | hardwaremjpeghdecimation | 4             |
|       9 | hardwaremjpegvdecimation | 4             |
|       9 | samplerate               | 48000         |
|       9 | mp3quality               | 8             |
|       4 | autotranscode            | 0             |
|       4 | width                    | 720           |
|       4 | height                   | 576           |
|       4 | rtjpegquality            | 170           |
|       4 | rtjpeglumafilter         | 0             |
|       4 | rtjpegchromafilter       | 0             |
|       4 | mpeg4bitrate             | 2200          |
|       4 | mpeg4maxquality          | 2             |
|       4 | mpeg4minquality          | 15            |
|       4 | mpeg4qualdiff            | 3             |
|       4 | mpeg4scalebitrate        | 1             |
|       4 | mpeg4optionvhq           | 0             |
|       4 | mpeg4option4mv           | 0             |
|       4 | hardwaremjpegquality     | 80            |
|       4 | hardwaremjpeghdecimation | 4             |
|       4 | hardwaremjpegvdecimation | 4             |
|       4 | samplerate               | 48000         |
|       4 | mp3quality               | 6             |
|       3 | autotranscode            | 0             |
|       3 | width                    | 720           |
|       3 | height                   | 576           |
|       3 | rtjpegquality            | 170           |
|       3 | rtjpeglumafilter         | 0             |
|       3 | rtjpegchromafilter       | 0             |
|       3 | mpeg4bitrate             | 2200          |
|       3 | mpeg4maxquality          | 2             |
|       3 | mpeg4minquality          | 15            |
|       3 | mpeg4qualdiff            | 3             |
|       3 | mpeg4scalebitrate        | 1             |
|       3 | mpeg4optionvhq           | 0             |
|       3 | mpeg4option4mv           | 0             |
|       3 | hardwaremjpegquality     | 100           |
|       3 | hardwaremjpeghdecimation | 4             |
|       3 | hardwaremjpegvdecimation | 4             |
|       3 | samplerate               | 48000         |
|       3 | mp3quality               | 7             |
|       1 | mpeg2streamtype          | DVD-Special 2 |
|       1 | mpeg2aspectratio         | 4:3           |
|       1 | mpeg2bitrate             | 4500          |
|       1 | mpeg2maxbitrate          | 6000          |
|       1 | mpeg2audtype             | Layer II      |
|       1 | mpeg2audbitratel1        | 448           |
|       1 | mpeg2audbitratel2        | 384           |
|       1 | mpeg2audvolume           | 90            |
|       2 | mpeg2streamtype          | DVD-Special 2 |
|       2 | mpeg2aspectratio         | 4:3           |
|       2 | mpeg2bitrate             | 4500          |
|       2 | mpeg2maxbitrate          | 6000          |
|       2 | mpeg2audtype             | Layer II      |
|       2 | mpeg2audbitratel1        | 448           |
|       2 | mpeg2audbitratel2        | 384           |
|       2 | mpeg2audvolume           | 90            |
|       3 | mpeg2streamtype          | DVD-Special 2 |
|       3 | mpeg2aspectratio         | 4:3           |
|       3 | mpeg2bitrate             | 6000          |
|       3 | mpeg2maxbitrate          | 8000          |
|       3 | mpeg2audtype             | Layer II      |
|       3 | mpeg2audbitratel1        | 448           |
|       3 | mpeg2audbitratel2        | 384           |
|       3 | mpeg2audvolume           | 90            |
|       4 | mpeg2streamtype          | DVD-Special 2 |
|       4 | mpeg2aspectratio         | 4:3           |
|       4 | mpeg2bitrate             | 2200          |
|       4 | mpeg2maxbitrate          | 2500          |
|       4 | mpeg2audtype             | Layer II      |
|       4 | mpeg2audbitratel1        | 448           |
|       4 | mpeg2audbitratel2        | 192           |
|       4 | mpeg2audvolume           | 90            |
|       9 | mpeg2streamtype          | MPEG-2 PS     |
|       9 | mpeg2aspectratio         | 4:3           |
|       9 | mpeg2bitrate             | 8000          |
|       9 | mpeg2maxbitrate          | 16000         |
|       9 | mpeg2audtype             | Layer II      |
|       9 | mpeg2audbitratel1        | 448           |
|       9 | mpeg2audbitratel2        | 384           |
|       9 | mpeg2audvolume           | 80            |
|       8 | autotranscode            | 0             |
|       8 | width                    | 720           |
|       8 | height                   | 576           |
|       8 | rtjpegquality            | 170           |
|       8 | rtjpeglumafilter         | 0             |
|       8 | rtjpegchromafilter       | 0             |
|       8 | mpeg4bitrate             | 2200          |
|       8 | mpeg4maxquality          | 2             |
|       8 | mpeg4minquality          | 15            |
|       8 | mpeg4qualdiff            | 3             |
|       8 | mpeg4scalebitrate        | 1             |
|       8 | mpeg4optionvhq           | 1             |
|       8 | mpeg4option4mv           | 1             |
|       8 | hardwaremjpegquality     | 100           |
|       8 | hardwaremjpeghdecimation | 4             |
|       8 | hardwaremjpegvdecimation | 4             |
|       8 | mpeg2streamtype          | MPEG-2 PS     |
|       8 | mpeg2aspectratio         | 4:3           |
|       8 | mpeg2bitrate             | 8000          |
|       8 | mpeg2maxbitrate          | 16000         |
|       8 | samplerate               | 32000         |
|       8 | mp3quality               | 7             |
|       8 | mpeg2audtype             | Layer II      |
|       8 | mpeg2audbitratel1        | 448           |
|       8 | mpeg2audbitratel2        | 384           |
|       8 | mpeg2audvolume           | 80            |
+---------+--------------------------+---------------+
210 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from recordingprofiles;
+----+--------------+-------------------------+-------------------------+--------------+
| id | name         | videocodec              | audiocodec              | profilegroup |
+----+--------------+-------------------------+-------------------------+--------------+
|  1 | Default      | MPEG-2 Hardware Encoder | MPEG-2 Hardware Encoder |            2 |
|  2 | Live TV      | MPEG-2 Hardware Encoder | MPEG-2 Hardware Encoder |            2 |
|  3 | High Quality | MPEG-2 Hardware Encoder | MPEG-2 Hardware Encoder |            2 |
|  4 | Low Quality  | MPEG-2 Hardware Encoder | MPEG-2 Hardware Encoder |            2 |
| 10 | Default      | NULL                    | NULL                    |            1 |
|  9 | MPEG2        | MPEG-4                  | MP3                     |            6 |
|  8 | RTjpeg/MPEG4 | MPEG-4                  | MP3                     |            6 |
| 11 | Default      | NULL                    | NULL                    |            3 |
| 12 | Default      | NULL                    | NULL                    |            4 |
| 13 | Default      | NULL                    | NULL                    |            5 |
| 14 | Live TV      | NULL                    | NULL                    |            1 |
| 15 | Live TV      | NULL                    | NULL                    |            3 |
| 16 | Live TV      | NULL                    | NULL                    |            4 |
| 17 | Live TV      | NULL                    | NULL                    |            5 |
| 18 | High Quality | NULL                    | NULL                    |            5 |
| 19 | High Quality | NULL                    | NULL                    |            4 |
| 20 | High Quality | NULL                    | NULL                    |            3 |
| 21 | High Quality | NULL                    | NULL                    |            1 |
| 22 | Low Quality  | NULL                    | NULL                    |            1 |
| 24 | Low Quality  | NULL                    | NULL                    |            3 |
| 25 | Low Quality  | NULL                    | NULL                    |            4 |
| 26 | Low Quality  | NULL                    | NULL                    |            5 |
22 rows in set (0.01 sec)

And if i didn't say so, the file is from a PVR-250.

Let me know if you need more info, and contact me offlist if you want the file.

--
Best regards,
 Oscar                            mailto:oscar.carlsson at home.se