[mythtv] 4:3 Zoom code changed?

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Wed Nov 12 16:36:28 EST 2003

On 2003.11.12 15:50, Steve Davies wrote:

> I have a 16:9 television, but the video card will only output 4:3.
> The "best" way IMHO to output the image in this case is
> anamorphically (I think I understand anamorphic correctly ;-) ). The
> television then stretches horizontally so that the aspect ratio all
> gets fixed up. I believe this results in the least data-loss at the
> screen.

I believe that, with the current code in CVS, you can accomplish what
you want to do (minus the current bug involving already-anamorphic
source material) by setting your display size to 16:9 in the XF86Config
file -- add "DisplaySize 375 210" (or some other measurement that's
16:9, in millimeters) to the "Monitor" section.  Note that the actual
size of the screen was not appropriate in my case, as it made the fonts
much too small.

-Doug