[mythtv] FFmpeg CVS

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Wed Nov 12 01:36:36 EST 2003

On Tuesday 11 November 2003 01:16 pm, Jason Hoos wrote:
> Anyhow, my question is this - how often is the libavcodec stuff in Myth
> synchronized with the ffmpeg CVS stuff?  And how hard is it to do if I
> were to want to try it locally?

I generally resync things when there's a bugfix or new feature I want in the
tree -- like the new avformat API that I just got finished merging in..  But,
I do try to stay pretty current, unless it's only been minor changes to
codecs that aren't used here.

It's not that difficult to do a resync locally if you think I'm slacking too
much..  Just takes a bit of time, as there are some local modifications to
various source files that need to be taken into account.  I just diff the
mythtv tree vs the ffmpeg tree and start copying stuff over, generally.

Isaac