[mythtv] Regular expressions for program matching

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Mon Nov 3 19:20:45 EST 2003

>  I agree with Chris that this really only needs a
> "=" changed to "like" so that titles without wildcards would
> work as they do now but "%Junkyard%" would match Junkyard Wars
> and Junkyard Mega-Wars. More would need to be done to support
> matching keywords in the subtitles and descriptions.

Of course, this still doesn't hit what the subject thread talks about..
% isn't a regular expression match - it's just mysql's fast-match system
where % matches 0 or more characters and _ matches any one character.

mythweb's search uses % (replaces any whitespace with a %) because it's
fast and easy, and my opinion is that this similar functionality would
be plenty for recording things via myth, and regex would probably just
be a lot more work.

As for the old mythweb's scheduled-recordings page, I'm happy to write
up a new one, though I'll name it properly as recording-schedules (since
that's what it is)..  once we get some special recording types set up..
or if I get bored after I commit the pile of patches that have been sent
to me over the past few weeks (server problems have kept me from doing
much coding while at home).

-Chris