[mythtv] Regular expressions for program matching

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Mon Nov 3 17:11:05 EST 2003

Geoffrey Hausheer wrote:
..
> I thought about this too (I use mythweb for everything except actually
> watching the programs).  I find it much fatser to search for stuff using
> the mythweb interface.  But I don't know that it is a good idea to add
> features that can't be supported by the main UI.  It'd be a lot easier
> though.  Writing the relevant code for mythweb is trivial in comparison
> to doing it for mythfrontend.

I think there are two different things here. First searching
the program listing for things that match a keyword then
selecting specific titles to record. This is what mythweb has.
I think we could have the same thing by adding a Keyword box
in the Program Finder. When a keyword is filled in it could
return the same alphabetized list but only including the programs
that matched.

The other is is ability to set a recurring record for everything
that matches a keyword (this would be on my "wishlist" ;-). This
would need a little more UI somewhere to choose matching the
title only or matching anywhere in the title, subtitle, or
description. I agree with Chris that this really only needs a
"=" changed to "like" so that titles without wildcards would
work as they do now but "%Junkyard%" would match Junkyard Wars
and Junkyard Mega-Wars. More would need to be done to support
matching keywords in the subtitles and descriptions.

--  bjm