[mythtv] NuppelVideoPlayer::ReencodeFile

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue May 27 00:36:02 EDT 2003

> Is the above correct? And, if so, would somebody mind helping me
> (off-list even) to show me how to read the code, since I'm missing
> something, and am NOT seeing how the decode step happens.

I think that's the gist of it.  The decode happens inside of
decoder->GetFrame(0);

The function loops "while (!eof)" decoding frames and reencoding.
You can see decoder->GetFrame(0) is called once before the while
loop and as the last line of the loop as well.  The 0 tells
the decoder to decode both audio and video.  If you pass in a
1, then the decoder will only decode the next video frame.

The most recently decoded frame is always in vbuffer[vpos], so
the first line of the while loop sets frame.buf = vbuffer[vpos];

Chris