[mythtv] DB Error (blank frame list insert) and ERROR:file I/O

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Mar 26 11:39:34 EST 2003

> Chris wrote:
> > My mythbackend has been having this trouble :
> > ( I retyped it from the console output. Cant seem to be able to pipe it
> > to a file)
>
> Do you have multiple backends or or at least two tuners?
> If so this is a scheduler bug where the same show get
> recorded by two tuners as the same time. The inserts
> fail for the one of the recordings after the other beats
> it to the punch. The 'blank frame list insert' entries are
> interesting because both recorders are finding the same
> blank frame.

It's not too suprissing that both recorders would find a blank frame at the
same time and cause an insert problem.  Looking through my recordedmarkup
table I see that most shows I'm recording have about 400-500
blank frames per 1/2 hour.  I'm NTSC, so a 1/2 hour show has about
54000 frames per 1/2 hour.  So about 1% of the frames are blank and
they usually appear in groups.  Two encoders starting at about the
same time could detect a blank frame at the same frame number even if
they aren't actually the same blank frame.  If the recordings started within
20 seconds of each other then the probability is very high that they'd end
up with some of the same blank frame numbers since I've seen sequences of
20+ blank frames in my testing.

Chris