[mythtv] DB Error (blank frame list insert) and ERROR:file I/O

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Wed Mar 26 10:18:23 EST 2003

Chris Pinkham wrote:
> It's not too suprissing that both recorders would find a blank frame at the
> same time and cause an insert problem...

Exactly. The point is that this is a great clue to nature
of the problem. When you first see that there is a duplicate
key for frame number 15317 of a show at 20030325140000 on
channel 53, the only explaination is that two different
process are trying to write the same file. The next clue is
that top shows backends busy on two machines even though
there is only one show to record. The last clue is that
there is a file for that show on both machines.

Other symptoms mentioned a few days ago that may be a
result of this same problem:

Harley Peters wrote:
 > ...when I have one program recording it will
 > sometimes not let me use the second tuner to watch tv
 > with claiming that all the inputs are in use.
 > I am able to sometimes set two programs to
 > record at the same time and sometimes not.

--  bjm