[mythtv] possible changes?

Cedar McKay cedarmckay at mac.com
Wed Mar 12 20:31:27 EST 2003

I'm about to submit some documentation for Red Hat, which includes some
workarounds, and it occurred to me that maybe someone might be willing
to change the code so that the workarounds are not necessary.

Problem 1)
When installing mythtv Red Hat users must go into the themes directory
and edit the makefile there, commenting out lines that start with
"strip". I don't know what "strip" is for and "strip - Discard symbols
from object files" from the man page doesn't really make it more clear.
Are these lines really needed considering it works better for Red Hat
users without? If they are needed what can we do so Red Hat users don't
have to manually edit that file?

Problem 2)
When installing mythweather only 9 of the 15 images get copied to
/usr/local/share/mythtv/mythweather/images on install. I have no idea
why. Red Hat users must then manually copy the rest over.

Problem 3)
When compiling mythweather Red Hat users must add /usr/include/cdda to
settings.pro as an include path or they will get a compile error. Can
this path be added to settings.pro so Red Hat users don't have to do it
manually?

Keep in mind that I don't know anything about programming, so these
might be unreasonable requests.

best,

Cedar

ps I also sent this message to myth-commits by mistake.