[mythtv] A couple of features to consider...

Nathan Ziarek nathan at ziarek.com
Mon Mar 3 19:23:08 EST 2003

I haven't written this code, but the following is my idea for the playback
box:

http://www.ziarek.com/mythtv/interface.overhaul_playback.asp

Now, I didn't think about it before, but it would be pretty easy to have
something where you could either have it organized by show title or by
category (assuming there was one when XMLTV downloaded it).

I don't know how you would switch between them or if you would just want to
have the show titles listed and then the categories listed after that, but I
think we could come up with a decent method of switching (easiest of course
is "1" for categories and "2" for show titles, but I don't know how the
developers feel about adding the extra buttons. At the beginning this was
only supposed to be a up, down, left, right, enter, esc setup)

Anyway, I like the categorizing by show title idea, and I'll try to give it
some GUI thought (the only place I am any use).

Nate