[mythtv] A couple of features to consider...

Martin Moeller martin at martinm-76.dk
Mon Mar 3 22:21:34 EST 2003

man, 2003-03-03 kl. 21:41 skrev Michael Kedl:
> I must say #1 sounds very nice.  I have been doing this with mythvideo,
> but it would be nicer for native shows to sort the way you mention.  I
> second.  Now, have you written the code? ;-)

I have a sneaking suspicion that C/C++ and bash is not the best things
to mesh together ;) - I've never gotten around to more than 'Hello
World-ish' programs in C and C++, I'm afraid.

> As for #2, you are correct in assuming this is a USA thing.  We (all?)
> tune by channel number because there are so many (I have over 150 off
> cable).  I "know" that the "USA" channel on MY cable is 60 and that
> Sci-Fi is 69 and Comedy Central is 70, etc.  And when I change cable
> systems I have to re-learn the numbers.

No problem, but couldn't there be a #define statement, set by a
configure option to determine whether to use chanid or channel?

That, I *might* be able to figure out, if I have the time to burrow in
to the code...

I guess the hard(est) part of #1 is regategorizing the recorded shows...

--
Martin Moeller <martin at martinm-76.dk>